Look like yourself, only better.
As a busy working mom, Dr. Ho Taghva is especially sensitive when it comes to intimate issues; her vaginal rejuvenation procedures address both cosmetic issues and functional concerns.
Married to an accomplished neurosurgeon, Dr. Ho Taghva has three daughters who keep her busy outside of the office. In fact, her practice name, LEA Plastic Surgery, is an acronym of her daughters’ first names! When she’s not helping patients look as youthful as they feel, she enjoys exotic traveling, art, weight training, literature, fashion, food, and wine. She is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English and has a working knowledge of Spanish and French.
“As a mother of three daughters, I know what pregnancy and motherhood can do to our minds and bodies. Instead of conforming to male ideals of what a woman’s body should look like, as a female surgeon, I offer a vast array of surgical and non-surgical options and a different perspective. My goal is to help you improve your appearance and well-being while encouraging you to embrace your post-baby or aging face and body with confidence.”
Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva’s outstanding reputation speaks for itself, having completed her undergraduate and medical education at Brown University and her plastic surgical training at USC. Skilled in both conventional and aesthetic procedures and highly passionate about her craft, Dr. Ho Taghva stays on the leading edge of her profession.She frequently travels around the globe to exchange surgical experience and know-how with other renowned plastic surgeons and is committed to her ongoing continuing education so that she may offer patients the safest and most innovative surgical and non-surgical options.
- Resident in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Integrated Program, University of Southern California, 2007-2013
- M.D., Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2003-2007
- McGraw-Hill LANGE Medical Student Award Recipient
- B.S. Neuroscience, Brown University, 1999-2003
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research National Honor Society
- Brown University Undergraduate Teaching & Research Assistantship Grant Recipient
- Phillips Academy, Andover, 1997-1999
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Attending Plastic Surgeon at Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- Licensed Physician, Medical Board of California #A108049
- Passed USMLE Steps 1, 2, 3
- RealSelf Top Contributor 2018
- RealSelf Top Doctor 2016
- Nationally and internationally invited guest speaker and lecturer in Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty Expert Panel
- Invited Speaker for PureGraft at The Aesthetics Meeting 2017 (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
- Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Integrated Program, University of Southern California
- Member of the Clinical Faculty at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Member of the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Curriculum on Professionalism Work Group, University of Southern California
- Original research featured in peer-reviewed publications and conferences including Annals of Plastic Surgery, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Research Council
Advanced technology and procedures.
Honesty, safety, and comfort.
Less is always more.
To bring out the best in you.
Carolyn Pham, Office Manager
Carolyn has been in the plastic surgery field for over 10 years and brings with her a wealth of experience to LEA Plastic Surgery. She is our Senior Aesthetic Consultant and Office Manager. She is bilingual and fluent in both Vietnamese and English. Born and raised in Southern California, Carolyn is an all-around true Orange County girl. She graduated from Fountain Valley Highschool and attended Cal State Fullerton where she studied Business Finance. Her passion towards all things aesthetic drove her to pursue a career in the cutting-edge field of plastic surgery. Her caring personality and calm demeanor, allows her to make our patients feel at ease from the moment they set foot into our practice. Carolyn takes pride in knowing that each of our staff members are trained to not only prioritize the final result of each patient’s procedure, but to ensure their journey there is enjoyable every step of the way.
Ella Han, Aesthetic Consultant
Ella has been an aesthetic consultant in the plastic surgery industry for over 5 years. She graduated from Shanghai Ocean University and Kyushu Women’s University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Marketing and Trade. With her amazing ability to speak 4 different languages (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and English), Ella is able to converse with many of our patients who travel across the globe to meet Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva. She is our go to girl when we are in need of a translator. With her attention to detail, nurturing tendencies and gentle approach, Ella is adored by our patients. She works tirelessly to make sure each patient’s experience at LEA is informative, thorough and as flawless as possible.
Kristen Scheibel, RN, BSN
Kristen is a Board Certified Registered Nurse who grew up in Orange County. She obtained her Associated Degree in Nursing through Saddleback College and her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing through Vanguard University. In addition, she is a licensed Esthetician with a passion for beauty and cosmetics. Kristen has a gentle and soothing touch, she enjoys making her patients feel beautiful and confident about their appearance. She performs non-invasive facial and body procedures under the supervision of Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva including neuromodulator and filler injections, Emsculpt, Thermiva, Dermalinfusion, and Vivace.
Our caring, highly experienced staff are here to help you with any concerns you may have about your upcoming consultation or surgery. Need recommendations for a good place to eat after your consultation? We can help with that too.
For new patient inquiries, please contact our staff at [email protected]
If you are interested in joining our team, feel free to send us an e-mail at [email protected]