LEA Plastic Surgery is the practice of Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva — a board-certified, Ivy League-educated plastic and reconstructive surgeon. With expertise in both surgical and non-surgical facial and body rejuvenation, Dr. Ho Taghva performs a diverse range of surgeries including blepharoplasty, fat transfer, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, breast lift, facial rejuvenation, mommy makeovers, and minimally invasive endoscopic procedures.
As a busy working mom, Dr. Ho Taghva is especially sensitive when it comes to intimate issues; her vaginal rejuvenation procedures address both cosmetic issues and functional concerns.
Married to an accomplished neurosurgeon, Dr. Ho Taghva has three daughters who keep her busy outside of the office. In fact, her practice name, LEA Plastic Surgery, is an acronym of her daughters’ first names! When she’s not helping patients look as youthful as they feel, she enjoys exotic traveling, art, weight training, literature, fashion, food, and wine. She is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English and has a working knowledge of Spanish and French.
“ As a mother of three daughters, I know what pregnancy and motherhood can do to our minds and bodies. Instead of conforming to male ideals of what a woman’s body should look like, as a female surgeon, I offer a vast array of surgical and non-surgical options and a different perspective. My goal is to help you improve your appearance and well-being while encouraging you to embrace your post-baby or aging face and body with confidence. ”
Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva’s outstanding reputation speaks for itself, having completed her undergraduate and medical education at Brown University and her plastic surgical training at USC. Skilled in both conventional and aesthetic procedures and highly passionate about her craft, Dr. Ho Taghva stays on the leading edge of her profession.She frequently travels around the globe to exchange surgical experience and know-how with other renowned plastic surgeons and is committed to her ongoing continuing education so that she may offer patients the safest and most innovative surgical and non-surgical options.
Goretti Ho Taghva online at
We’re exceptionally trained.
- Resident in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Integrated Program, University of Southern California, 2007-2013
- M.D., Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2003-2007
- McGraw-Hill LANGE Medical Student Award Recipient
- B.S. Neuroscience, Brown University, 1999-2003
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research National Honor Society
- Brown University Undergraduate Teaching & Research Assistantship Grant Recipient
- Phillips Academy, Andover, 1997-1999
We’re highly qualified.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Attending Plastic Surgeon at Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- Licensed Physician, Medical Board of California #A108049
- Passed USMLE Steps 1, 2, 3
We’re experts in our field.
- RealSelf Top Contributor 2018
- RealSelf Top Doctor 2016
- Nationally and internationally invited guest speaker and lecturer in Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty Expert Panel
- Invited Speaker for PureGraft at The Aesthetics Meeting 2017 (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
- Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Integrated Program, University of Southern California
- Member of the Clinical Faculty at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Member of the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Curriculum on Professionalism Work Group, University of Southern California
- Original research featured in peer-reviewed publications and conferences including Annals of Plastic Surgery, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Research Council