Upper blepharoplasty is a facial plastic surgery procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat deposits from the upper eyelid. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva often describes this procedure as more than mere cosmetic surgery; it significantly impacts your eye shape and, consequently, overall facial features.
The Importance of Eye Shape
The eye shape is an integral aspect of facial aesthetics. A well-contoured eyelid can dramatically change your facial expression, offering a more youthful appearance or an “awake” eye appearance. Here, we delve into what you can expect from upper blepharoplasty and how it affects the actual shape of your eyes.
Upper Eyelid in Facial Symmetry
The upper eyelid plays a pivotal role in achieving a balanced facial appearance. Excess eyelid skin, eyelid bags, or drooping eyelids can lead to an asymmetrical face, often affecting the first impressions you make.
How Upper Eyelids Affect Your General Gaze
- Impact on Awakeness: Droopy eyelids can make you appear tired, even when you’re not.
- Hooded Eyelids: Excessive eyelid skin may lead to hooded eyelids, creating a look of constant fatigue.
Understanding Eye Shape Variations
There are various eye shapes, from round to almond-like shapes, and each contributes to your overall look and the impressions you make.
Eye Shape Trends for Men
Among men, a broader eyelid margin during eyelid surgery can contribute to a more rugged appearance. This is an appealing eye appearance in various cultures and is achievable through a well-executed upper eyelid lift.
Eye Shape Trends for Women
For women, a brighter appearance often comes from an almond-like shape, achievable through a targeted upper blepharoplasty procedure.
The Anatomy of Upper Blepharoplasty
Upper blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure often performed as an outpatient procedure. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva employs laser blepharoplasty among numerous blepharoplasty techniques to remove excess fatty tissue and skin.
- Step 1: Anesthesia is administered.
- Step 2: Incisions are carefully made in the eyelid margins.
- Step 3: Excess fatty tissue, fat pockets, and skin are removed.
- Step 4: The incisions are closed, often with an unsecured method to minimize scarring.
Understanding the steps can help potential eyelid surgery candidates set realistic expectations and prepare for the treatment plan effectively.
How Upper Blepharoplasty Changes Eye Shape
An upper blepharoplasty can drastically alter your eye shape. Whether it’s lifting drooping eyelids, removing eyelid hooding, or achieving contoured eyelids, the impact of eyelid surgery is far-reaching.
Case Studies: Before and After
Real-life examples showcase transformations from eyelid lid lift procedures. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva’s gallery of eyelids reveals:
- Lifting Droopy Eyelids: Patients with drooping eyelids achieve a more “awake” look.
- Removing Eyelid Hooding: Eyelid hooding is significantly reduced, opening up the eyes.
Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva emphasizes that while the results are transformative, they also appear natural, preserving the intrinsic beauty of your facial features.
Aesthetic Goals and Upper Blepharoplasty
Your aesthetic goals are crucial when considering an upper blepharoplasty. Whether you’re a candidate for blepharoplasty for cosmetic reasons or to improve impaired vision due to eyelids in adults, a skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva can customize your treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Cosmetic Reasons: Dermal fillers can temporarily solve issues, but an upper eyelid lift offers a more permanent solution.
- Impaired Vision: Excess skin can obstruct vision, and removing it through upper lid blepharoplasty can restore your line of sight.
Risks and Rewards of Eyelid Surgery
Before undergoing any surgical procedure, it’s crucial to weigh the pros and cons.
- Youthful Appearance: Eyelid surgery contributes to a youthful appearance by removing excess eyelid skin.
- Improved Vision: For those with impaired vision due to eyelid in adults, removing the excess skin can improve sight.
- Enhanced Eye Appearance: Achieve more contoured eyelids and a more awake eye appearance.
- Risks: As with any surgical procedure, there are risks such as infection or scarring.
- Temporary Discomfort: Postoperative pain or discomfort is likely but generally manageable.
Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva will discuss these factors in detail during your eyelid surgery consultation, helping you form realistic expectations.
Getting Upper Blepharoplasty in Newport Beach
Newport Beach is an excellent location for this procedure, with skilled plastic surgeons like Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva offering state-of-the-art eyelid plastic surgery.
Recommendations for Finding a Surgeon
- Consultation: An initial eyelid surgery consultation is essential for discussing your treatment plan.
- Credentials: Ensure your surgeon is certified and has a track record of successful types of blepharoplasty.
Is Upper Blepharoplasty Right for You?
Ultimately, the decision to undergo an upper eyelid surgery hinges on various factors, including your aesthetic goals and medical needs. Upper blepharoplasty targets specific issues such as drooping eyelids, eyelid hooding, and excessive eyelid skin.
It’s vital to consult with a skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva to evaluate whether you’re a good candidate for blepharoplasty. She will discuss the potential impact of eyelid surgery on your eye shape and overall facial aesthetics.
With the above insights, you are better equipped to make an informed decision on whether an upper blepharoplasty procedure is suitable for you. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva remains a highly recommended surgeon in Newport Beach for those considering this transformative facial plastic surgery procedure. Schedule a consultation with her today.
FAQs Relevant to Upper Blepharoplasty and Eye Shape
Recovery varies, but most patients can resume normal activities within a week or two.
Yes, upper blepharoplasty can result in significant changes, especially if you have excessive eyelid skin or drooping eyelids.
Side effects may include pain, swelling, and, in rare cases, infection. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva will discuss these during your consultation.
Results are long-lasting but not permanent. Aging and sun exposure will continue to affect the upper eyelid area.
Men and women have different aesthetic goals; thus, the surgical approach varies. Dr. Goretti Ho Taghva adjusts her techniques accordingly to ensure gender-appropriate results.